- What is the KPMG Ideation Challenge?
- What is the Ideation Challenge about?
- Am I eligible to apply?
- What are the first steps to get involved in the 2019 competition?
- What can I expect if my team is chosen to go to the Co-development weekend?
- Can I participate if my home country is not listed as a participant?
- What is the cost to participate?
- Do I have to be a student to participate?
- Is there a prize for the winning team from the Co-development weekend?
- What is KPMG Lighthouse?
- Can I participate in the challenge even if I do not have a valid passport for international travel?
- Will KPMG offer me employment if my team wins the co-development weekend final?
- Will KPMG help me secure a visa, if required, if my team is selected for the event?
- Will I be allowed to extend my stay at my own cost?
What is the KPMG Ideation Challenge?
Every day, KPMG professionals help clients transform their businesses using the latest technologies, innovative service delivery models and strategic alliances with technology leaders. The Ideation Challenge gives you the opportunity to experience this first hand, as you work in teams to tackle business issues being faced by companies all over the world.
You’ll be testing your ideas amongst some of the best STEM and business students in the world, tackling the real issues facing organizations today. In this unique environment you’ll learn about yourself and your team and leave equipped with techniques to improve your innovative thinking in the future.
And if that wasn’t enough, the top team per country will join us at the 2019 Co-development weekend in Amsterdam, Netherlands, where you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life.
What is the Ideation Challenge about?
In 2019, we’ve posed the challenge:
How can intelligent automation and artificial intelligence change the way a business services their customer base? The solution: your imagination.
Here’s how it works:
- Stage 1: Register and submit your idea as an individual or team.
- Stage 2: Take part in an Ideation Challenge Workshop to finalize your idea and submit it to the judges.
- Stage 3: The finalist teams visit Amsterdam to join the Ideation Challenge Co-development Weekend.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Your country is participating in the 2019 competition. Check here for an overview of participating countries.
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time university program with at least one year left of your studies.
- If you’re registering as a team, at least one team member should be familiar with Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive methodologies. You’ll need this skill in order to reach the Co-development Weekend.
What are the first steps to get involved in the 2019 competition?
First, you need to register for an Ideation Challenge Workshop in your country as an individual or as a team. Please keep the registration deadline of your country in mind which can be found here. After the deadline as set by your local KPMG firm, your recruiter will reach out with the Workshop details and you will attend it to finalize your team and shape your idea. Through this workshop you will get the opportunity to learn more about your team, your challenge and also some techniques for innovative thinking in preparation for your ideation submission. Finally, you will create and complete your team profile before submitting your idea on the Innovation Factory for the local judging stage. After deliberation, the judges will determine the national winning team who will progress to the Co-development weekend in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
What can I expect if my team is chosen to go to the Co-development weekend?
The co-developed concepts will be presented to the KPMG Global Judging Panel, who will choose the winning team. This team will be invited to the KPMG Lighthouse Summit, taking place in October 2019 (location TBC). Get ready to Code. Create. Captivate!
Note: Your ideas will never be developed by KPMG without your team’s full permission.
Can I participate if my home country is not listed as a participant?
To progress to the Co-development weekend, you must compete as part of a nationally sponsored KPMG team. This means that you need to be enrolled in an Undergraduate/Bachelor’s/Masters/PhD degree within the country you wish to apply in and/or be a citizen of that country.
What is the cost to participate?
Do I have to be a student to participate?
Yes, only active students can participate in the KPMG Ideation Challenge. You must be currently enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate/Bachelor’s/Masters/PhD degree program with at least 1 year remaining of your studies.
Is there a prize for the winning team from the Co-development weekend?
Yes, the winning team will receive an exclusive invitation to KPMG’s Lighthouse Summit in October 2019. You’ll get an inside view into the world of innovation and digitalization and how it’s changing the business world. You’ll have the opportunity to network with industry leaders and present your idea on a global platform in front of top business professionals. Then your future begins.
What is KPMG Lighthouse?
KPMG Lighthouse Data Driven Technologies is KPMG’s Center of Excellence for analytics, artificial intelligence, and other data-driven technologies across Audit, Tax, and Advisory. Talent professionals from across the globe work together in this space to help clients successfully navigate their transformational journeys into the future. The winning team from the Co-development weekend will receive an exclusive invitation to the KPMG Global Lighthouse Summit in October 2019 to meet and network with KPMG professionals from across the globe working in KPMG Lighthouse Data Driven Technologies.
Can I participate in the challenge even if I do not have a valid passport for international travel?
Will KPMG offer me employment if my team wins the Ideation Challenge or if I participate in it?
What are the key dates?
- The Ideation Workshops will take place from November 2018 to February 2019
- The Co-development Weekend takes place 10-12 May 2019 in Amsterdam
- The KPMG Lighthouse Summit will take place in October 2019.
Will KPMG help me secure a visa, if required, if my team is selected for the event?
For additional inquiries
For information related to local application dates, competition eligibility or to speak to your local country recruitment team click here to access our country directory list.
For general inquiries not answered above, contact us at email@example.com.